CATEGORY DEFINITIONInnovation has become one of the key drivers in the age of digital and technology. For Bangladesh, Innovation is key for 2 reasons:
- As a nation we need to make a quantum jump in everything to reach our vision of becoming a developed nation.
- Technology revolution will provide unprecedented opportunity for Bangladesh; both economically and socially.
Best Innovation – Financial SectorFinancial innovation can be defined as the act of creating and then popularizing new financial instruments, as well as new financial technologies/institutions/markets. It includes institutional, product and process innovation.
Best Innovation – Apparel SectorThe category will celebrate innovation in the apparel industry. This refers to internal aspects of the enterprise and has the sole purpose of improving the internal performances of the company.
Best Innovation – HealthcareHealthcare innovation is implementation of new or altered products, services, processes, systems, policies, organizational structures, or business models that aim to improve one or more domains of healthcare quality or reduce health care disparities.
Best Innovation – SDG InclusionInvestment in infrastructure and innovation are crucial drivers of economic growth and development. Technological progress is also key to finding lasting solutions to both economic and environmental challenges, such as providing new jobs and promoting energy efficiency.
Best Innovation – Agriculture SectorThis category encompasses developments in agriculture through the use of innovation. The underlying theme of these innovations would be to assist farmers to optimize use of farm inputs and improve yields. Develop the agricultural ecosystem, knowledge, Culture & Agricultural Technology.
Best Process InnovationProcess innovation means the implementation of a new or significantly improved production or delivery method (including significant changes in techniques, equipment and/ or software).
Best Innovation – Product DevelopmentProduct development innovation is the creation and subsequent introduction of a good or service that is either new or an improved version of previous goods or services.
Best Start-Up InnovationStartup innovation is the creation of new products and services that deliver value to customers, in a manner that is supported by a sustainable and profitable business model.
Best Social InnovationSocial innovations are new strategies, concepts, ideas and organizations that meet the social needs of different elements which can be from working conditions and education to community development and health — they extend and strengthen civil society.
Best Technology InnovationNew innovation derived from research developments, technical knowledge and tools independent of product and service.
Public Service Innovation:
- Citizen Centered innovation: This category showcases solutions that address root causes or emerging societal demands for the delivery of the services to citizens and other external partners.
- Digital & Data innovation: This Category will deliver technological solutions including tools, products, models, platforms and other forms through the creative use of data, which may include interpretation, analysis or application of data. The creative use of data must sit at the core of the idea and the results/impact must be clear and robust.
Spirit of Innovation Awards Category:
- Master of Reinvention: Company that successfully reinvented a product through cannibalizing its own business.
- Learning Through Failure: If at ﬁrst you don’t succeed award celebrates learning through failure.
NOMINATION RULES & SUBMISSION GUIDELINES1. Each participating organization can nominate as many entries in as many categories as they would like.
2. Each entry can be nominated in more than one category.
3. All entries for Bangladesh Innovation Award 2019 must be submitted using the attached Nomination Form with complete, updated and true information.
4. Each entry must be submitted in the following manner (as applicable):
♦ No need to share any separate hard-copy of nomination form as document unless required or asked for.
♦ Each entry must be submitted using google drive/dropbox. Please note that, all nominations and supporting documents should be available in the shared drive link for at least 30 days from the day of submission.
♦ Campaign story (in word.doc) using the nomination form.
♦ Supporting print image in png, or jpeg format with a maximum size of 15 MB.
♦ High resolution audio-visual and digital content in mp4
♦ All the entries submitted are considered to comply with legal authorization (NOC) from all the related sources (client etc.).
♦ Each entry must be accompanied by the given power-point presentation of the campaign. Word limits will be strictly followed.
♦ An audio-visual on the campaign should be shared along with the required materials. A case AV helps the jury understand and evaluate the campaign better.
♦ The case AV should not be more than 3 minutes in duration.
♦ The participating organization can submit supporting material(s) based on their submission.
5. Once submitted, an entry cannot be withdrawn.
6. Please submit your entries by no later than September 24, 2019 (Tuesday).
7. Each entry will be evaluated by the judges.
8. The shortlisted teams are to present their work in front of the jury. The timeframe of the presentation will be 5 minutes.
9. Decisions taken by the Jury Panel in the evaluation process will be regarded as final.
10. An entry may be disqualified by the Bangladesh Innovation Award authority if any of he above guidelines are not followed.
|Call for Nomination (2nd Bangladesh Innovation Award 2019)||August 25, 2019|
|Bangladesh Innovation Award Nomination Deadline||September 19, 2019|
|Bangladesh Innovation Award Nomination Shortlisting||September 27-28, 2019|
|Grand Jury Session||October 04-05, 2019|
|Bangladesh Innovation Award 2019||October 12, 2019 (Saturday)|
- By submitting nomination, the company hereby confirms that they have read all the rules and guidelines of nomination for Bangladesh Innovation Award 2019, and shall abide by all the stated and implied rules of the competition.
- All the entries submitted are considered to comply with legal authorization (NOC) from all the related sources (client etc.). Bangladesh Innovation Conclave (BIC) will not bear any responsibility.
- The winner will be chosen by an independent jury panel. A verification team may contact you for further information regarding your organization. Decision of the jury will be final.
- Any material submitted for Bangladesh Innovation Conclave will be considered as property of BIC. BIC can use it for educational and training purposes and can also share it in web and print.